Monday, July 9, 2012

What a Weekend

I had such a great time on my trip.  I really didn't want to leave, but I have to work at eight in the morning tomorrow.  It was so nice to see my friends; we really need to get together more often.
We slept in for a long time, but we had stayed up until two, so I don't feel bad about that.  We hung around the house for a while and watched Avatar: The Last Airbender on Netflix.  I hadn't watched the show in a long time, and now I want to go back to it.  I think I have watched the first season, but I'd like to go back and watch the whole show again.
We were planning on having sushi for lunch, but the restaurant didn't open until five, so we went swimming instead.  We were only in the pool for half an hour or so before the lifeguards forced us to get out.  There were some dark clouds in the sky and we heard a couple claps of thunder.  The rules of the pool say that after any thunder there can be no swimming for thirty minutes.  There was one more sound of thunder ten minutes later, which restarted the clock.  We just hung out on the pool chairs for forty five minutes and talked.  It was nice, but the water was so tantalizing just feet away.  I enjoyed a nice ice cream cone while we waited.
Finally, we were able to get into the pool again.  We splashed around for another hour or so before we needed to drip-dry before getting into the car.  Apparently we were all too excited to get to the pool, because none of us remembered to bring towels.  After a while more lounging on the chairs we headed back to the house.  Several showers later, we finally got to go out for our sushi.  Oh my, that was good.  Between the six of us we ordered 13 rolls of sushi and a plate of chicken.  We were stuffed when we left there, but we still went to a Mexican restaurant for desert.  I don't know why.
My friend is very good at Spanish and began speaking it with the waiters in the restaurant.  For some reason this made them think that all of us spoke Spanish, so they didn't speak a word of English to us while we were there.  We were able to figure most of it out though, and we only had to order desert, so it was more amusing than anything.
After that three of us had to leave for home, which was sad.  I went back to my friend's house with him and we watched Paranormal Activity II with his roommate.  We didn't get to bed until two (again!) but we had a great time.  He also helped me speed up my computer, which was an added bonus.

Today we went to lunch at a little Greek place that had fantastic gyros.  I was able to go there with one of my best friends, who had just gotten back into town today.  I hadn't thought that I would be able to see her this trip, so it was a nice surprise.  I wish we had of had more time together, but I had to leave for home.  Four hours later I'm sitting on my couch.  It's nice to be home, but I can't wait to see my friends again.  Next time, it's their turn to visit me!

No comments:

Post a Comment