Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Fireworks

Fire flies up high in the air, exploding with a crash that makes the whole ground shudder.  I hear other dogs barking at them, but it doesn't seem to stop the onslaught of bright booms.  I'm glad that my big brother Shadow is here with me.  He looks up at the explosions too, but he doesn't seem scared.  If Brother's not scared, then maybe I don't need to be either.
My family seems relaxed around me.  They are chatting and watching the bright lights in the sky.  They call to me, but it's late at night.  I'm tired.  The explosions don't let me go to sleep, though.  I wander around the back porch trying to find a good place to lie down.  It's all the same wood.  There is no great place to sleep, much to my disappointment.  Mommy takes me up on her lap, but Shadow won't fit too, and I want to be with him.
Oh!  What's this?  There's something yummy stuck to the foot of the table here.  Pappaw had been cooking something out here all day.  This tastes like that smelled.  I will like it for a while.  My family is laughing at me now, but it tastes really good!  I will lick it until it doesn't taste good anymore.
Shadow goes down the stairs into the grass, but I don't feel like jumping down them.  I watch him with sad eyes, but he doesn't come back up until Mommy calls him to go Inside.  I go too.  Then they put something cold in my ears.  They've been doing this for a while now.  I don't like it.  It does seem to help with the itchiness, but I don't like it.  At all.  It was a little less bad this time though.  Mommy gave me some treats.  It makes it better.  Now it's time to sleep, though.  Shadow hops up onto the couch and Mommy lifts me up with him.  Zzzzzzzzz.

No comments:

Post a Comment