Saturday, July 7, 2012

A Trip

I am very excited today.  I've been planning a trip for the past week to visit a friend of mine from high school.  It's been a long time since I've seen him.  I thought for a while that I was not going to be able to go.  I only had a week's notice before the trip, so I hadn't asked off of work.  I was already scheduled to work all weekend, so I began the mad scramble to find someone to cover my shift.  It took a long time, but I finally got it covered.  I owe my co-workers a lot of favors now.  A lot of favors.  One of them is going to be working all weekend to help me out: Saturday morning and evening and Sunday morning and evening.  I feel bad about that, but I am so thankful that she was willing to do it.
So now here I am, bags packed, on Saturday morning.  I plan on leaving in just twenty minutes or so.  I need to stop by Barns and Noble on my way out of town and pick up a birthday present.  When I don't know what to get someone I always give books.  It's a great safety net gift.  They also have these little "Ugly Dolls" there that I think he will love, so I will pick up one of those.
I am not looking forward to the trip itself though.  I really hate driving long distances.  Five hours is not terrible, but it's not fun either.  On the bright side, it will be a great opportunity to listen to some of my new music.  I love talking to people as company, but sometimes it's nice to just to just sing along with the music.
I'm going to miss my puppy while I'm gone though!  I know it'll only be for two days, but I'll miss playing with him every day!  I'll miss seeing my dad and sister, who are visiting, but I'll be going to see them in just a few weeks.  That will be a whole other post!
I'll have new things to write about after the trip, so stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you have a great trip, Savannah. Nice of your coworkers to help out. I'm sure puppy will be fine. Let us know how things went.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been an absolute blast so far! Thanks for reading. ^_^

    ReplyDelete