Sunday, July 8, 2012

Escapades

Last night was simultaneously exhausting and exhilarating.  I left town around ten in the morning.  I didn't leave right away though; I had a few shopping stops to make first -- mostly to buy my friend's present.  I finally got on the road around eleven thirty.  The trip was mostly uneventful, which was nice.  I did stop on the way at this dirty little souvenir place.  I wouldn't have stopped at all, but I had drank a giant glass of chai tea and was about to explode.
When I got in there I could not find any sign of a bathroom, which was disheartening.  I ended up buying a little heart bracelet and asking the clerk about facilities.  He pointed me to the back of the store.  I felt kind of bad going back there because it had the feel of a storage place.  It didn't seem like somewhere I was supposed to be.  The bathrooms were marked as men and women however, so I guess they were meant to be public bathrooms.  Hidden public bathrooms.
The bathroom itself was hideous.  There were two toilets in it and no stalls.  It was literally just two toilets sitting next to each other with a roll of paper in the middle.  To share, I guess.  I didn't even wash my hands there, choosing to use my hand sanitizer I keep in my car, because I felt like that sink would make me dirtier rather than cleaner.
After that though, I had a few hours of open road and a straight shot to my destination.  I had a blast seeing my friends, many of whom I hand't seen in months or a year.  We drank some and cooked some and watched TV some.  I won't get into too many details, but it was a great time.  I didn't get to bed until almost two in the morning, but I still somehow woke up fully rested at five.  I have no explanation for this.  I'm sure I'll crash again by mid-afternoon.
Today I'm looking forward to Sushi and swimming.  I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment