Friday, July 20, 2012

Reflection


                This blogging experience was both new and exciting for me.  I had tried blogging in the past, but I had never been able to keep up any consistency with it.  I certainly hadn’t tried one for just writing exercises.  It was a lot of fun to be able to try new prompts each day.  I did come across a few bumps along the road, but overall the experience was a good one.
                The biggest problem that I ran into was remembering to keep up with the daily schedule.  I would often get busy in my day-to-day life and forget that I needed to write for my blog.  I would remember, of course, the next morning when it was too late to post anything.  I also had difficulty finding subjects that I wanted to write about.  There were several prompt ideas available through the links we were given, but it was difficult to find ones that sounded entertaining.
                Despite that, I was very happy when I did find fun or exciting prompts.  I loved being able to describe situations or explore new stories.  One of my favorite prompt types would say to start out a story with a certain word or phrase, or incorporate certain words into the story.  It was amazing to see what could be shaped from a few simple words. 
On days where my life was more exciting I even used the blog as a sort of journal, which was great.  It was a fun way to share what was going on in my life.  I have always loved the thought of recording important events; I keep several journals in different spots for whenever I feel like writing.  I would like to continue this, but expand it onto an online journal as well.  I would obviously keep my more private thoughts in my paper journals, but blogging could be a great way to share stories.
Overall, I really did enjoy this assignment.  I regret that I was not able to keep up with it as consistently as I should have.  I can’t help but wonder what I might have written on those lost days.  I hope to continue this blog in the days to come.  I hope that through continuous writing exercises I can grow in ways that have thus far eluded me.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your reflection. This assignment is not for everyone, but I am glad you have enjoyed it. I can see progress in thinking and language as I read through your blog and hope you will continue to blog even if not daily. ~Ms. A.

    ReplyDelete