Saturday, June 30, 2012

Soreness and Happy Days

Nothing super fun to write about today.  I worked a nine hour shift at the animal hospital, which is something I'm not used to doing.  My legs feel like they want to fall off and just lie there for a few days.  The whole day seemed a little "off" for me, honestly.  I'm not sure what was going on, but I just seemed to be one step behind all of the time.  I would be slow pulling up vaccines, or get the positioning wrong on x-rays.  It was rather frustrating, especially since I had no idea what was dragging me down.
I also spent most of the day stressing over trying to get a weekend off for my friend's birthday party.  He didn't give me any notice until just now, and the party is next weekend.  It didn't give me a lot of time to prepare.  I finally got the days off (I think) but it took a lot of messing with the schedule and begging favors from my co-workers.
On a happier note, my dad and sister came up from Oklahoma last night to visit.  They'll be staying for a full week this time, so I'm really happy.  I don't get to spend enough time with them since I moved from there.  I don't regret the decision, but I do miss spending time with them every day.  It was very happy last night when they came in from the drive.  We were expecting them to come in late, but the arrived around eight.  They brought their little Pomeranian, Shadow, with them.  I really love that dog.  He loves to cuddle, and wants to be by my side all the time when he's in town.
They're going to Branson for a few days at the start of next week, so I'll get Shadow all to myself.  I wish I could go with them., but I have work and school work that needs to be done.  Speaking of work, I have to head off now for another six hours of fun.  I just hope that things will work a little smoother this time

2 comments:

  1. As your writing about your hard day at work it makes me think of our youth. I say congrats on how hard of a worker you are. I think now a days most of the youth just don't know how to work. I don't know if it's that they get everything handed to them when they are younger, or just plain spoiled. Just want to say keep up the good work and have fun with Shadow. Sounds like a fun puppy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for saying so. I've always thought that working hard is important, although I sometimes struggle with motivation. Luckily having a steady job like I do keeps me busy, so I try to carry that over to my at-home life.
    Shadow is a great dog, and I love watching him play with my little puppy "Rascal". :)

    ReplyDelete