Thursday, June 28, 2012

Rascal's First Groom

I woke up early in the morning with the older man they call "Pappaw".  He took me outside to play!  I think he might take me out there for some other reason, but I'm not sure.  I got to eat my food, which was great!  I ate it all up at once, but they didn't give me more.  I was disappointed.  Mammaw got up after a while and we all sat out in front of the house for a while.  It was hot, but I like the shade on the porch.  The cement feels cool on my belly.
The Bill-human came over to play with me.  He talked with Pappaw some too, but I made sure that he didn't have to focus on that for long!  He's got these loose pants on, and it's fun to chew on.  I love the feel of the cloth (or anything, really!) in my mouth, but Bill doesn't seem to like it as much.  He said something about "That's me in there," but I don't know what he meant.  He didn't want me chewing on him after that.  It's okay though, he'll probably come back to play with me tomorrow.  He really likes my company.
The younger humans got up and ate breakfast.  It smelled good, but they wouldn't let me have any.  Not fair.  After that, Mammaw, Pappaw, and my Mommy (who they call "Savvy" for some reason) sat out on the back porch.  They weren't paying attention to me, so I chewed on my flowerpot.

This was all normal.

Then Mommy took me to where she works.  I like it when she takes me there.  My Sarah-friend lets me sit up on the desk with her while she does stuff.  I saw Sarah when we walked in the door.  She was so happy to see me!  I gave her kisses to reward her.  But then Mommy took me back to a room I hadn't spent much time in before.  There was a lady there with loud things in her hands.  I didn't like this room.  She held me weird and put the loud things on my paws and face.  My hair started falling off when she did that.  I tried to get away, but that made Mommy mad, so I sat still like a "good boy".  I glared at Mommy so she'd know I wasn't happy.
When she was done, that lady put me in the tub!  As if the loud hair-trimmers weren't enough, she got me really wet and put soap all over me.  I hate baths.  Mommy knows I hate baths, but she didn't stop it.  I tried to look really sad so Mommy would help me, but she just laughed at me.  She can be mean, sometimes.
Next they put me in one of the kennels in the back.  I usually don't like these much, but this time it was awesome!  There was this big tube they attached to the cage that made warm air blow on me.  It was neat.
After that I got to play with everyone for a while!  They seemed like they were busy, but I know that they really just wanted to spend time with me.  After that Mommy took me home.  I was so tired!  I always wear myself out giving attention to all of those humans.  I hope they appreciate it.  I think I'll take a nap now.

No comments:

Post a Comment